The successful candidate will join the Cognition, Values, Behaviour lab (Chair of Philosophy of Mind) at LMU-Munich to work on touch acceptance in therapeutic settings. "How do we anticipate and interpret incoming touch, notably when it comes from a therapist?" and "How might these processes vary in mental health conditions such as anorexia nervosa, or autism" are some type of questions we will work on. The position is funded by the LMU Mentoring Programm and the appointment will be for a period of 6 months on a 5 hours per week basis with the possibility of extension.
For the most part, the successful candidate will assist with:
- developing experiment designs for existing and new studies,
- preparing experiments to conduct them online / in a lab,
- running experiments and collecting data,
- performing the statistical analysis of results.
- a bachelor’s degree or beyond
- interest in the workings of the human mind relating to touch,
- good knowledge of / experience with experiment design, statistics, and data analysis,
- strong attention to detail and good quantitative skills,
- ability to work independently (on a self-directed basis) and in a team,
- experience with / willingness to quickly learn to work with R.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch: Lenka.Gorman@lrz.uni-muenchen.de