Vacancies / Job Offers
One/Two Research Assistant Position(s)
- The expected starting date is February 18th, 2019
- Deadline for applications is January 23rd, 2019
- With interviews being planned around January 28th, 2019
This successful applicant will assist with research activities within the CVBE, Philosophy of Mind Group where ongoing and new pilot experiments investigating the perceptual bases of social cognition will be conducted. This position is funded by LMU Excellence Seed Funding in preparation for an ERC Grant proposal the aim of which is to produce a minimalistic theoretical account of alignment with bespoke computational tools in order to quantify social interactions. More simply, we will be trying to answer the question: Why and how do people align their behaviour? Motivated candidates will be invited to be co-authors on manuscripts and to present research at conferences.
The appointee will be expected to:
- assist with oversight of daily operations of the laboratory
- prepare and submit administrative documents
- carry out research activities for the PI
- help to program cognitive tasks and test healthy adults
- recruiting and scheduling participants
- collecting and analyzing behavioral and neuroimaging data
- assist in preparing of reports and articles for publication
- work as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or beyond in Neuroscience, Psychology, Computer Science or a related field.
- Interest in behavioral and neuroscience research and/or social cognition.
- Knowledge of experimental design, statistics and data analysis is expected.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Able to work well both independently on a self-directed basis and in a team.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- 1-2 years of human subjects and neuroimaging research experience preferred.
- Experience with SPSS, Max/MSP, Python preferred.
The position(s) is/are for a period of 10 months (February - November), for up to 30 hours per week. The appointment will be made within the German TV-L E2 (80%) salary scheme.
If interested, please contact: Dr Merle Fairhurst Merle.Fairhurst@lrz.uni-muenchen.de. Applications should include: CV, cover letter, contact details of 2 referees.